ADVANCED SKINCARE: WHAT IS MICRONEEDLING?
WHAT IS MICRONEEDLING?
See what Neroli Downtown Esthetician, Elise has to say about why you should get microneedling. “Microneedling (micro-channeling) is a cosmetic procedure that involves repeatedly puncturing the skin with tiny, sterile needles. Those holes are actually therapeutic, since they cause a ‘micro injury’ that prompts skin to stimulate collagen production, filling in fine lines, plumping the skin and contributing to a younger, radiant look.
Microneedling will safely improve the appearance of fine lines, acne scarring and hyper pigmentation. To dive deeper into the anti-aging effects: the loss of elastin and collagen causes: thinning skin, sagging skin and facial wrinkles. Microneedling stimulates the production of natural elastin and collagen that reduces wrinkles and fine lines. The best part that your skin will look younger and radiant with no downtime.
How It Works: Disposable tips have a fixed depth and a positive-stop base. This enables accurately reproducible depths of penetration, giving results you can count on with even visit.”
Microneedling In Action
The Benefits Of Microneedling
- Reduces Fine Lines & Wrinkles: usually caused by loss of elastin and collagen, fine lines can be significantly improved by microneedling (micro-channeling) – which naturally boosts the collage and elasticity of your skin.
- Age Spots: microneedling (micro-channeling) aids in shedding the top layer of your skin to minimize age spots– which also helps your products abroad and work more efficiently.
- Scars: microneedling (micro-channeling) has the ability to break upload scar tissue and stimulate collagen and elastin production that is similar in healthy skin tissue.
- Acne: microneedling (micro-channeling) benefits acne by boosting the absorption and efficacy of topical acne products directly into the treated area.
- Premature Skin Aging: like how it helps with wrinkles, the same goes for preventing, as microneedling (micro-channeling) leads to thickening and preventing the breakdown of collagen. It also enhances the effectiveness of anti-aging products by boosting its absorption and concentration in your skin
- Rosacea: a skin disorder that produces facial redness that can lead to the breakdown of collagen– which can be helped through microneedling (micro-channeling).
- Pore Size: reduces the size of pores– especially those around the nose and cheeks, by producing more collagen and thickening the epidermis layer of your skin.
- Stretch Marks: treating stretch marks with microneedling (micro-channeling) is similar to the way scars are treated– in the way that it breaks down stretch mark tissue and triggers collagen growth.
- Hyperpigmentation: triggered by an unusual production of melanin, micro-channeling helps to shed the top layer of skin to produce normal melanocyte. Unlike harsh treatments like lasers and microdermabrasion, microneedling (micro-channeling) is safe for anyone– especially those with darker skin tone, as it doesn’t lead to loss of skin pigment.