5 Makeup Trends That are Here to Stay
From barely there to bright and bold, 2022 has been full of new and inspiring makeup trends. Luckily, our extremely talented makeup artists at Neroli Salon and Spa are here to confirm the best trends that are here to stay. Whether the occasion calls for dewey and delicate or more glamorous and defined, unpack your makeup bag, clean those brushes and let’s dive into the greatest trends in beauty this year!
Clean Girl Makeup
The makeup look that has been sweeping the internet! We are loving this low-maintenance routine that embraces your natural skin and beauty. As skincare continues to be the most important aspect of beauty in 2022, it is important to have a skincare ritual that works for your specific skin type. The key to achieving this natural look requires a “less is more” approach to makeup, so set aside your full-coverage foundation for a more hydrating tinted moisturizer, and showcase your fluffy brows, dewy skin, rosy flush cheek, and softly extended eyelashes. The line between achieving this flawless appearance and sporting an equally stunning, full face of glam can be narrow. Our curated list to help you walk that line includes a mix of Aveda products and Australia’s top cosmeceutical skin care:
- Feed My Lips Pure Nourish-mint Lip Treatment – smooths and moisturizes lip
- Petal Essence Eye Color Trio – 994/Earth Rose – Soft, warm matte pink to warm brown colors
- Petal Essence Face Accents – 181/ Apricot Whisper – Warm, sunny golden to coral peach colors
- Brow Definer – Define shapes, fills, and groom brows
- Inner Light Mineral Tinted Moisture – Provides a smooth and even complexion with a dewy finish
- Ultraceuticals Hydrating Skin Kit – Boost your skin’s hydration levels for smoother, more youthful looking skin
Smoky Eye with a Twist
Celebrate the smoke show that you are! The smokey eye look is the perfect for a night out with your girls. This staple is rocked by celebrities on galas and evening events, and we are happy to report that this iconic look isn’t going anywhere- but it is getting spiced up a bit with a pop of color! We are loving this fresh look on the traditional smokey eye, with added color to lids, creases and undereye areas. We are definitely going to be seeing more multi-colored lids this fall, so keep your eyes and color pallets open! Although we’re loving this twist on a smokey eye, a warm bronze palette is a safe and simple look for those who want to keep it classic this fall season.
A Glam Glow
A step above the no makeup look with added subtle color, this makeup application is known for its absence of harsh lines, dramatic lashes and a touch of gloss and shimmer. If you’re looking for that perfect balance between natural and dramatic, this is it! A favorite among our Milwaukee brides, our Neroli stylists advise to strive for well blended products, and to ditch the contoured lines, heavy eyeliner, and sharp, filled-in brows. Despite the lack of heavy makeup, this look still requires some practice, skill, and of course high-quality products:
- Petal Essence Single Eye Color – 930/Moon -Neutral, shimmery beige highlight
- Feed My Lips Pure Nourish-mint Lip Gloss – 01 Hibiscus Dew – visibly plumps, and provides lips with all-day moisture and shining color
- Brow Definer – Defines shape, fill, and groom brows
- Petal Essence Face Accents – 185/Rose Blossom – Cool, soft rode to deep rose
Pretty in Peri
Pantone recently named Very Peri the Color of the Year 2022, and we are totally on the periwinkle train when it comes to all things beauty: from hair color, to fashion, to eye shadow. Veri Peri is essentially a periwinkle blue with deep violet undertones, and this dreamy color has been noted in our salons to instantly lift our spirits (and confidence). Naturally, we’re incorporating it into our makeup routines in any way we can, like this bold Very Peri eyeshadow look. Try it out for yourself with our Petal essence eye color trio – (997/Violet Bloom) for a range of colors from satiny, soft pink to cool violet.
- Petal essence eye color trio – (997/Violet Bloom) for a range of colors from satiny, soft pink to cool violet.
The bold lip: a classic in makeup culture, and it isn’t going anywhere. This seductive burst of red pops against all skin tones and looks great in any season, but our Neroli experts say that by narrowing down the undertones of your skin can help choose the perfect shade to express yourself this fall. Combine this statement look with your preferred makeup style, and don’t feel limited to a night out with this trend, as it is Selena Gomez approved to wear during the day, while running errands, or just around the house.
Which makeup trend would you try? Let us know your thoughts by using #nerolisalonspa and you might be featured on our social media channels!