Makeup Tips for Those with Glasses
SMUDGED NOSE TIPS
EYE MAKEUP TIPS & TRICKS
- When using eyeshadow, stick to lighter pigments of shimmer that can make a subtle statement and let the glasses speak for themselves.
- If you wear thick rimmed glasses, try avoiding black eyeliner to minimize too bold of a look.
- If you are nearsighted, prescription lenses make your eyes appear smaller. Thick eyeliner will only accentuate this more, so we suggest steering clear of thick or dark eyeliner.
- Mascara will do more wonders to your look than eyeliner will. That is why we suggest focusing on defining your lashes rather than your lash line.
- There is no need to try and get your lashes as long as possible. The longer they are, the more they will rub against your lenses. When wearing false lashes, pay attention to the volume of them rather than the length of them.
- When picking out which mascara to use, try going for a mascara that does not smudge. This will prevent you from having to fix smudges on your lenses or undereye later.
- Curl your lashes! We promise, giving your lashes a little curl will not make them rub against your glasses and they will help make your eyes pop even more.
- Not only do your eyebrows frame your face but they also frame the frames of your glasses. Do not forget to groom your eyebrows, as this area will also be a main area of focus.
- We suggest brushing your eyebrows upward so they will show above your glasses. You can use brow gel to ensure they stay in place.
FACE MAKEUP & GLASSES
The makeup that you put under and around your eyes is extremely important if you wear glasses. Glasses will naturally wear and tear the foundation around these areas, so the best thing you can do is prime and set a thin layer of your face makeup to prevent excessive smudging.
WHAT TO DO IF SMUDGING OCCURS
Smudging is unfortunately prone to happen if you wear glasses. Here are a few things you can do if it does occur:
- Warm the tip of your index finger and pat the creasing or smudge out.
- Put an HD powder on your fingertip and smooth the area by gently rubbing back and forth until it is blended out again.
- If mascara smudges, use a small makeup brush or Q-tip dipped in makeup remover to wipe away any smudging.
MAKEUP WHEN WEARING FASHION FORWARD GLASSES OR SUNGLASSES
Fashion forward glasses and sunglasses make a statement on their own so there’s no need to be concerned about your makeup not making a statement while wearing these. If you are opting for bold glasses we suggest going simple with your eye makeup.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU DON’T WANT ATTENTION ON YOUR EYES
If you don’t want your glasses to be a huge distraction, try going for a bold lip color to help draw the attention away from your eyes. Emphasizing the makeup on your lips will make it more unlikely that people will look at your eyes.
DON’T LET YOUR GLASSES LIMIT YOUR EXPRESSION
It's time to suppress the belief that you can’t wear makeup with glasses. You can always go bolder with eye makeup than you may think and you should feel confident showing off your stylish frames and eye makeup looks. Have fun with it and test your comfort zone!